Royal Hype

I have been vaguely interested in the royal wedding. I certainly did not get up at 4:00 am to watch it live, nor could I tell you any interesting fact like where the tiara came from or who designed the choir outfits, but I like a princess story as much as the next girl. Kate did look beautiful. However, when I saw this article recently on ABC it was clear that the hype had gone way overboard. And seriously, I am amazed that anyone was observant enough to notice the resemblance on that tiny jelly bean in the first place. I am usually too busy shoving them into my mouth to EVER notice the fact that one jelly bean looks a lot like Kate Middleton. Just sayin. Apparently I need to slow down and examine my food a little better. If I am lucky I could pay off our student loans by auctioning off Obama's face outlined in my chicken casserole.

4 comments:

Alysha said...

I want to eat that jellybean! Peach jellybellies are my fave. I agree with you Taniel; Ian and I turned on the TV and there was a Royal Wedding recap and I was satisfied. Pretty dress, saw the carriage, saw the kiss(es). Good enough for me!

Brad and Erica said...

Ahhh hahahahaha! We watched the highlights; Annika was pretty excited to see a real princess. Then as we watched the walk out of the church she said "where's the carriage?" Just then their big carriage with four white horses pulled up. It was kind of hilarious. It's good to hear from you - I miss you!

Martha said...

The Tiara was her "something borrowed" since the Queen gave it to her. I don't know about the choir outfits, though. hahaha. Also, I saw Obama's face in the bathroom tile in the Greek House. Not even joking.

Deb Lamb said...

I haven't seen one thing about the wedding--I have some catching up to do! I hope Erica tells Annika that she and Brad left their wedding in a horse-drawn carriage--Kate's got nothing on her!