Trip to the Zoo

Isaac and I wanted to do something fun together for memorial day since we had been apart for a week, and so we decided that a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo would be the perfect outing. Sure, most people who go to the zoo have small children but who says that adults can't enjoy it too. And enjoy it we did; it was the perfect mini vacation. The zoo itself is a really good with a wide variety of animals and a lot of interesting information, and even though it was really hot outside, most of the animals were easy to spot. We got to touch a shark, learn about the huge tigers that are native to Russia, scare a rhino, laugh at the monkeys fight over a piece of food, and even watch a full dolphin show like is put on at Seaworld. We reminisced about how I wanted to be a zoo keeper when I was younger and talked about our favorite animals like we were five again. After we had seen all we could, Isaac took me out to eat at Cheesecake Factory for a nice dinner together which was, of course, delicious. It was the perfect day and we couldn't have been happier.
zoo3
zoo2
zoo
zoo4

8 comments:

Christensen family said...

We love the zoo too, and we went there before we had kids as well. The zoo looks cool there, you guys have dolphins.

Brad and Erica said...

Wow! You got some great pictures of the animals! Sometimes I feel like having kids just gives me an excuse to do things I want to do anyway. I'm glad you guys had a great time!

Preston Chambers said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I love a good trip to the zoo... Emmett doesn't even look at the animals, yet we often find ourselves at the zoo. Miss you!

Starlie and Nate said...

Emma and Tye LOVED the pictures! Im glad you guys went to the zoo! Who says you need kids all thy are there for is to throw fits, fight, and annoy you while you are trying to enjoy it!

Martha said...

Those pictures are awesome! Also, I'm jealous that you have dolphins. Way cool.

Laralee and Jake said...

Sounds like fun. I love the zoo, and I remember when Jake and I went on a trip before we had kids, and I wanted to make a stop at the zoo. He thought I was crazy.

Jason and Christine said...

Okay the giraffe butt made me laugh!

Deb Lamb said...

I haven't been to the zoo since Nate was in 3rd grade.
I've missed it. Thanks for the pics. It's almost like being there.