New Year in Utah

After Christmas in Washington with the Lamb family, which was a total blast, Taniel let me go home for a few weeks while she flew back to Illinois by herself to go to work. I still can’t believe she let me go. My family picked me up at the airport and we drove home. It totally reminded me of coming home from my mission and driving home catching up with the goings on of everybody.


The following days were pure joy. We went sledding, played Pictionary on the Wii (way fun by the way), had family dinners, went to the Nutty Nutcracker in Salt Lake, got Jared registered for school, and just stayed home and socialized. I loved every minute of it.


We had a win-win situation with my brothers and sisters because I wanted to babysit while I was there. I love my nieces and nephews. At Jake and Laralee’s we played the Wii Resort game. Hannah, William, Brooklyn, and Katie are four little angels. They got bean bags for Christmas and they showed me how they can stack four of them one on top of the other and then jump on them. Sorry, Jake and Laralee, if we weren’t supposed to ;)


At Brian and Michelle’s we made a fort downstairs and watched Despicable Me and ate popcorn. While building the fort, we just couldn’t figure out how to get the blankets to stay up. I just about called it quits, but Heber said “please don't give up yet, we can figure this out.” And we sure did. Eve saw Jack lay down with his popcorn and thought it was a good idea. She had her bowl in her hands and laid down causing all of the popcorn in her bowl to fall all over her face. She was a little shocked as one of the popcorn kernels was trying to get in her eye. Luckily the popcorn was cold by then. I wish I had a picture of that.

I didn't get any good pictures of Landon and Matthew, but we had a great time at mom's when Casey came down. Landon calls Matthew 'destructo', and while playing with Legos, I soon learned why.

I loved the time I had with my family. It could only have been better if Taniel was there.

3 comments:

Brad and Erica said...

Great post, Isaac! You have such a fun family - I'm glad you got to spend time with the over Christmas. Taniel sure is glad to have you back, though!

Martha said...

It was so fun to have you here! I can't wait until you AND taniel get to come next!

Christensen family said...

Yes, we loved having you, but we want Taniel and you next time. ;)