2010: A Year in Review

(With Just a Few Pictures)
January:
I began my last semester of nursing school and subsequent internship working in the Intensive Care Unit at Mountain Star Hospital. I would spend the next four months there working mostly independently as a nurse.
Isaac became a flying ace after passing his test to become a pilot.
IMG_9839
February:
We celebrated our one year anniversary with a dinner at the Cheesecake factory and a Utah Symphony performance
With the free ski tickets that Isaac got through work, we spent a few days on the slopes.
december 024 copy
March:
We kept trekking along through school and work.
A weekend trip to St. George to visit Isaac's Grandparents was just the break that we needed in our hectic month.

April: Fly Away
After months of thought and prayer, Isaac sent his official acceptance letter to the school of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Illinois.
After five and a half years of school I finally graduated with my Bachelors of Science degree from Brigham Young University. It felt nice to be done, but I knew I would miss it.
My parents flew into town for the graduation ceremonies and while they were here, Isaac got to take them up for a spin in the Katana.
graduation
flying with parents
May:
After some initial hesitation on my part, we decided to sell our contract and move to highland to live with Michelle and Brian. We were immediately happy that we did as we couldn't get enough of these kids.
I flew to Washington for a week to be with my family and celebrate Mother's day and my Mom's birthday. We experimented with new recipes, watched soccer games, went for walks to the beach, and had so many wonderful talks.
I passed the NCLEX and officially became a registered Nurse.
2010May12_8264resize
IMG_0376 copyIMG_0379 copyIMG_0727_1
June:
Michelle let us have a few of the boxes in the yard and Isaac and I planted our first garden. Which I might add was a wonderful success (Although we were leaving just about the time everything was ready to harvest).

We had our Proctor Family party at the cabin in Island Park. We spent a few days fishing, rafting, geo-caching, and marshmallow roasting.

Not long after, we spent a little over a week enjoying the beach, sun, sand, and surf in Maui. It was the vacation of a lifetime.
IMG_0891
2010Jun23_4805
July:
I turned 23 this month and for my Birthday, Isaac and I backpacked up to Twin Lakes in American Fork Canyon.
The rest of the month was filled with everything that summer should be: Barbeques, bike rides, swimming at the rec center, dog-sitting, and lots of popsicles.
Jordan came to visit for a week and I got to show him around BYU and give him the scoop on college life.
IMG_0892
eve2

August:
Isaac's had his last day of work at Wencore.
We took another weekend trip to the cabin, this time just the two of us.
We drove across the state to our new home in Champaign, Illinois. (Actually we are living in Savoy, but we are in Champaign for all intents and purposes)
drive3
September:
Isaac became a student again. I was hired on at a clinic near our home and started my first job as a registered nurse. We met our new ward and recieved callings as Primary workers.

October:
Erica is in the states and I take an impromptu trip back home to meet my neices for the first time. I get to take them trunk-or-treating and spend time with my sister.
things

November:
Isaac is well into the semester and doing good. He gets chosen to give a private tour to one of the managers of the Russian space program.
We spend Thanksgiving with a group of people from our ward family.


December:
Isaac completes his first semester of classes and is more than thrilled to be done.
We fly home to Washington for Christmas and spend a few days skiing in Canada and a few days bumming around the house playing board games and eating entirely too much food.
I fly back to Illinois while Isaac flies to Utah to spend a few weeks playing with his family. We talk every night on the phone, but are still thrilled to be united again once more.

It has been such a wonderful year, and I cannot wait to see what 2011 has in store for us. I sense a lot more changes coming in the future.

0 comments: