Happenings

Wow, it has been a while. I would usually insert here some lame apology and a promise to blog more, but not this time. You see, I am not really sorry and I doubt that I will follow through on any promise to blog more. I do however want to share some of the highlights of our home over the last few months.

February was so cold and snowy. It also brought with it some unexpected problems and tears. Life continues to move forward though, and after a good bowl of ice cream, a lot of prayers, a visit from my mom, and the promise of spring on the horizon, we were once again in good spirits.

My Mom's visit was wonderfully timed and it was so nice to have her here with us. I may grow up, move out of the house, and get married, but will never outgrow the need for my mom. While she was here, she stayed in our small apartment cleaning and organizing, cooking us meals, doing laundry, and baking us homemade bread while we were at school and work. She is so unselfish and we are both so grateful for her love and kindness. When I came home at night we went for walks, went shopping, organized more, laughed, and had good long talks. Friday night we all drove to Nauvoo and spent time in the temple and visiting the historic sites. We even drove down to Carthage jail and felt the spirit as we learned about the Martyrdom of Joseph Smith. For pictures, go to my mom's blog here web.me.com/lambfamily7

Isaac has stayed busier than ever with school. He has spent many a late night on campus studying, and when he is home, he is usually in the office working away. Sometimes he wonders what in the world he was thinking doing the accelerated program, but he is doing great and is on course to graduate in less than a month. Time sure has passed by quickly.

March madness was big in our home this year. I had better just come right out and say it: "Hi, I'm Taniel and I am a Jimmer fan." Whew, glad to get that off my chest. Needless to say, we got really into the games this year and were so happy that BYU made it to sweet 16 (even if they did lose).

A few weeks after my mom came, my Dad came to visit us. He had business nearby, and we were so happy that he went out of his way to come and stay with us for a few days. We watched basketball, fixed up our bikes (dad helped us put "slicks" on, so that we could use our mountain bikes more like road bikes--which is fitting considering where we live), we learned to grill, shared stories, and went jogging together. We were sad to see him leave, but had a great time while he was here.

Our primary class has kept us on our toes as we struggle to keep them from climbing out the window, scribbling on the chalkboard, and screaming at the top of their lungs every Sunday while we teach them the Gospel. They are the cutest kids and we love them to death.

General Conference was enriching, inspiring, and gave us some much needed spiritual guidance in our lives. We have since put all of the talks on our Ipods and we listen to them as we do dishes every night and sometimes when we exercise. Technology is amazing, almost as amazing as being a member of Christ's church on the earth today.

Taxes...don't even get me started.

Work is good. Although I often feel like I am struggling to keep my head above water in the amount of work that is required of me in the alloted time I have to do it, I am blessed to be employed, to be learning, and to be with a good group of people.

And, lest you think that we are all work and no play, we have had some fun date nights out to eat, ice-skating, sports games, bike rides, and lots of lots of movie nights at home wrapped up in blankets with popcorn (air popped of course, it is so much better than microwave).

Well that's all for now. We are sure missing all of our friends and family who are spread out all over the states, and world for that matter. We hope to be able to visit with you soon.

1 comments:

Martha said...

I had a dream last night that I got to visit you guys. AHH if only. If you are still in Illinois come the end of August, you might have to take a nice little drive (aka worst drive ever) to Nebraska and see me at the visitors center! Love you!